Many are seeking alternative holistic methods to help heal their physical ailment along with traditional medicine. Weather we seek Reiki, Naturopathy or any other healing modality it is imperative to understand exactly what that really means and what it entails. I have clients who have come for a Reiki session not knowing exactly what they are needing, although they may be currently under medical treatment, they still need to feel they have some control over their overall healing, which they do! Here are some tips to help you learn how to assist in healing your body.
1. Be ready to work, Reiki or any other healing modality is only as good as the client's participation. These sessions come with channeled information from your guides and the practitioner's guide, so what comes through it is for the highest good for the highest possible healing.
2. Start a journal, believe it or not lots of information that we have stored deep inside can be jarred by just jotting down some thoughts. It may be as simple as writing 'this is so dumb,' just as long as you are writing it starts the journey of unloading stuff that you no longer need to hold on to making your healing journey easier. Keep a journal next to your bed for the 'monkey brain' that thinks of all the stuff right before bed.
3. Be honest with yourself, as you begin to journal don't be afraid to go beyond your comfort zone and visit the things that we shoved deep down. Ask yourself 'what's the worst that can happen?' and allow yourself to go there. Ask your guides and your angels for help as you move forward through your journey of healing.
4. Meditation is one of the best ways to relax your mind, body & soul. It doesn't have to take too much time, 20 minutes to a half an hour is good. Make sure you're in a place where you won't be interrupted by kids, spouse/partner or pets. If you don't know how to meditate, begin with concentrating on your breathing, take 3 nice deep breaths and then breathe normal, if you find your mind wandering, gently bring it back to your breath. There are also guided meditations that are available on line.
5. Drink plenty of water, keeping hydrated during this time of healing is crucial for your wellbeing. Water oxygenates your cells keeping you alert and your thoughts clear as well as detoxifying your body as it heals. As you're healing you will find yourself a little more thirsty than normal, grab some water to nurture yourself!
6. Keep positive, one of the most crucial part of healing is keeping positive. Your body listens and response to every thought you have. Keeping a positive attitude by reciting daily positive affirmations will assist in the healing process. It will not only improve your outlook on things it will also improve your life.
7. Be grateful, wake up with gratitude on your mind and in your heart. We tend to focus our attention on the bad things that has happened in our lives or that is currently in our lives. I invite you to switch that, by looking around and finding the small things to be grateful for. Before you know it, you will find a host of things to be grateful for which will keep us in a constant state of gratitude and wellbeing.
8. Forgiveness, this is a hard for many however not impossible to do once you understand what it's really about. Unforgiveness is one of the biggest culprit of what is wrong with the world today. Forgiveness is not about the other person that has wronged you, but about you and your ability to let go and move forward from the pain of the past. When we learn to do this, the healing will accelerate allowing one to feel unburden from past hurts.
9. Take some time for yourself, when was the last time you did something that you really enjoyed? As life happens we get caught up in the drama of things and let go of the simple things that really brought joy to our hearts. Pick up that hobby that you so enjoyed doing and get back to yourself. What brings joy to your heart brings about healing to your soul so start today!
10. Let go, as your healing begins and progresses learn to let go of the things that are no longer of any use to you. Listen to the subtle and quiet voice inside and it will guide you accordingly. Know that it's ok because it means you are healing and growing and you will find people, interest and things that once were great to be around and do, no longer serves you in a way that makes you feel good. As we let go, new people, interest and things will replace the ones that went away. Trust and just go with the flow!
By: Elizabeth DeKeyser