With a large number of rehabilitation centres coming into the scenario, the treatment for addictions have become way easier than before. Being in the rehab centres has been a part of the treatment along with regular medication. Nearly, all kinds of addiction can be successfully treated by rehabilitation and therapies.Since rehab facilities mostly address the process of improving quality of life, the addictions are usually treated by pointing out the bad effects of addiction.Here's a look into those 7 types addictions which can be successfully treated with an extended stay in the rehabilitation centre.
- Alcohol - An increasing tolerance to the effects of alcohol is considered as alcoholism or alcohol abuse. The effects mostly involve a gradual disinterest towards normal living, loss of job and other kinds of lifestyle issues. The symptoms are hard to detect initially, but a delayed diagnosis often make the condition worse.The rehab sessions are mostly directed to create a distance between the patients and alcohol.
- Tobacco - The effects are often not as bad as alcohol or substance abuse. But excessive dependence on tobacco can affect your heath and you might develop the potential risk of lung, throat and lips cancer.
- Opioids (heroin) - Heroins are also like psychoactive drugs that directly affects your central and peripheral nervous system including the brain, spinal cord and gut.As a result it cause nervous and psychological disorders.The addicts are mostly found to retreat away from normal lifestyle and deviate from their daily activities.With proper rehabilitation and motivational programs, the patients can make a successful comeback to the normal lifestyle.
- Prescription drugs (sedatives, hypnotics, or anxiolytics like sleeping pills and tranquilizers) – While prescription drugs are often known as life savers, excessive consumption of these drugs might also lead to addiction issues.It often tells upon the health of victim and develops a series offside effects for using those medicines. Sometimes people get so addicted towards these that they simply don't care about these effects. During the rehabilitation,such kinds of patients are mostly treated with motivational exercise, rather than applying medicine.
- Cocaine - This stimulant drug is illegal and the addicts are likely to feel a "high" as they take it.Taken orally as well as an injection, cocaine directly affects the nerves.As a result, the patient might experience nervous disorders and similar ailments.The rehab therapy aims at treating the nervous disorders and thus distancing the patients from cocaine and stuffs.
- Cannabis (marijuana) - The psychoactive agent is not that bad,but like the prescription drugs, its effects becomes dangerous if consumed more. Smoking is the most common way to use marijuana. Apart from psychological disorders, cannabis or marijuana causes disordered lifestyle, relationship issues, lack of concentration and many more.
- Amphetamines (methamphetamine also known as meth) - The addiction is call psycho stimulation as it acts on the central nervous system, particularly the brain.Meth offers euphoric sensation,but with excessive intoxication,a person is likely to lose his senses.
Rehabilitation centres nowadays are taking an active role in treating addition problems. But, it's important to choose the right kind of rehabilitation centre for a highly effective treatment.