"In the NEW THOUGHT philosophy, the LAW of ATTRACTION is the belief that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life. The teaching is based upon the idea that people and their thoughts are both made from "pure energy" and that through the process of " like energy attracting like energy" a person can improve their own health, wealth and personal relationships." - Wikipedia.org
The law of attraction is the belief that you ATTRACT what you put out into the universe. This means that if a person is emitting positive vibes they will draw good things to them and if they are emitting negative vibes they will draw not so good things to them.
"You are a living magnet, attracting what you want."
This principle has been in practice billions of times before. Have you ever known someone who was always upbeat and positive and seemed to be too good to be true? On the flip side, have you known someone who loved to complain and look on the darker sides of life, they always seemed to have something new to complain about because things were always going wrong in their life. These examples show people attracting the results of the energy they are giving off. "Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything."
"Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Does this mean that all of the bad things that happen to you in this life are because you subconsciously wanted them to? This is one of the most common arguments against the concept of the law of attraction. In answer to your question, no, not everything bad that happens in your life is a result of you subconsciously wishing for it to happen. However, many have not yet recognized that the law of attraction is not something that someone dreamed up, but does in fact hold much validity. Its effects are far reaching.
"The best way to overcome undesirable or negative thoughts and feelings is to cultivate positive ones." William Walker Atkinson
The mind is a powerful thing, and where the mind goes the feet will soon follow. The foundation of any success you are going to encounter is not so much the ability of your physical body to overcome the obstacles but of your mind to believe that a way around the obstacles exists "Where there's a will, there's a way." Where your mind can believe that there is a way for the body to achieve its heart's desire a way does exist.
"Everyone visualizes whether he knows it or not. Visualizing is the great secret of success." - Genevieve Berhrend.
How Does One Use the Law of Attraction?
This is an excellent and important question. After all, it doesn't do much good to know what the law of attraction is if you do not know how to use it to achieve the success and happiness in your own life that you wish. Once you have mastered the basics you will be able to apply it to any area in your life. It is recommended that you write these statements in the third person rather than the first; reason being, it is difficult for the mind to accept something as a fact when it is in terms such as I, me or my. For example, If you are seeking a meaningful and special relationship you could say, "Millions of people around the world have found their soul mate and feel beyond blessed in established relationships". Or if you are attempting to find a new job you could say, "Many people work in careers that they love, careers that make them feel totally fulfilled and happy."
- The first step in finding success through the law of attraction is to accept responsibility for both good and bad things that you have experienced. This is often the most difficult part of achieving success through manifestation because we are taught from childhood to believe that our environment contributes in a large part to the circumstances in which we find ourselves. It's very hard to take the responsibility and acknowledge the fact that your environment may not have been the major contributing factor in each of these events.
- In order to help yourself move past these events take a moment and write down on a piece of paper all of the major events in your life (both good and bad). Leave plenty of room underneath each one. Now, take a moment to go back and review these events. Write down what you were feeling at the time they happened, how you felt before they happened and how your felt after they happened. How did you react to all that occurred?
- Chances are you are going to find that events that were positive happened during a time you were confident and thinking through a happy, healthy and positive mind-set. The opposite occurrences may have happened during a stressful and scattered time in your life, creating a non-productive and worrisome mind-set with unbalanced confidence. Coincidence?
- Once you accept the fact that you are responsible for your own fate, you can then take it one step further and determine what is really important to you. What do you want in your life? What changes do you need to make TODAY to live your BEST life? Do you want a loving, trusting intimate relationship? A great and empowering career? Both? Ask yourself as many questions as you can and then begin to create a plan of action to make your DREAMS come true. Identify the things you wish to achieve and write them down. Display them in a prominent place; constantly being able to view the anticipated results of your endeavors will help to keep you on the right track. In essence, with the creation of this list you are asking the universe for what you want. Take the time to think on this for a while so that it is embedded firmly in your mind, and keep your goals specific; It is always okay to tweak if need be.
- Raise your VIBRATIONS so that they are all positive. Act and feel as though you are confident that the end result you are hoping for is going to occur. This is an essential part of the law of attraction because it is very easy to allow your mind to begin to wander to all of the difficulties which you may encounter when trying to achieve your goals. This will cause your vibrations to become negative and will work against you rather than for you. And so it is important to always be MINDFUL of your thoughts and do a quick switch if and when needed from negative to POSITIVE.
- Accept that it can happen and that you DESERVE all GOOD things in your life. Things that are going to make you smile from within with JOY. Many times your subconscious is your own stumbling block; you will be attempting to convince your conscious mind that something can happen while at the same time your subconscious is picking out the reasons that it will never work. In order to help yourself overcome this stumbling block and have absolute FAITH in the fact that you will be able to effect this change in your life you should look again at the sheet of paper upon which you have written your goals and attempt to write them in terms that will help your MIND and body accept them as fact.
The purpose of writing these statements down is to get rid of any negative vibes and doubts that you may have in your mind and replace them with healthy and good thoughts. If you are unable to accept the outcome as fact your subconscious mind is going to conjure a different outcome, and it is going to be this outcome that your mind and body focus on; therefore, this outcome is going to be the one that will become your reality and that will then cause you to think the law of attraction is false, when in fact you just need to tweak your mind-set and create NEW ways of becoming aware of your daily thoughts and if negative, take the steps needed to switch it up to create the thoughts you want, which will then create the life you want.
Lori Snyder, CPC, ELI-MP
Lori Snyder partners with people who are ready to begin moving their lives in a forward direction. "I believe that each person hold within them powerful inner strength, that when tapped into, can help them to create positive results towards making their lives an extraordinary one." - LS
Lori is a Certified Professional Coach & Business Coach, she is also a speaker, writer, workshop facilitator & entrepreneur. she can be reached at email@example.com