What's Neuro Linguistic Programming?
NLP is a pragmatic school of thought – an 'epistemology' – that addresses the many levels involved in being human. NLP is a multi-dimensional process that involves the development of behavioral competence and flexibility, but also involves strategic thinking and an understanding of the mental and cognitive processes behind behavior.
NLP provides tools and skills for the development of states of individual excellence, but it also establishes a system of empowering beliefs and presuppositions about what human beings are, what communication is and what the process of change is all about. At another level, NLP is about self-discovery, exploring identity and mission. It also provides a framework for understanding and relating to the 'spiritual' part of human experience that reaches beyond us as individuals to our family, community and global systems. NLP is not only about competence and excellence it is about wisdom and vision.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming, is the art and science of excellence, derived from studying how top people in different fields obtain their outstanding results. These communication skills can be learned by anyone to improve their effectiveness both personally and professionally. It is directly applicable to a diverse spectrum of fields such as communications, business, sales, education and therapy.
How does NLP work?
The core of NLP is 'modeling' – which is the practice of recognizing someone's excellence (perhaps at selling things or being funny), finding out how they achieve that excellence, then working at replicating those results for yourself. It's pretty obvious that we all do that. That's how we learned to speak and do all of the other things we do so well – NLP just gives a structure to that learning. In essence are ideas or tools that are the fruit that was borne (70s) from Richard Bandler and John Grinder modeling psychotherapists and hypnotherapists (Virginia Satir, Fritz Perls, Milton Erickson, Frank Farrelly and more). It includes an ever increasing range of hypotheses that do make testable claims.
Benefits of NLP: with NLP, you'll be able to
· Set your goal (define precisely what you want)
· Take action to achieve your goal
· Evaluate the changes produced by your actions
· Change your action plan if necessary to achieve better results
· Learn how to motivate yourself and others with ease
· Learn to use language with greater precision and elegance so that you and others can get what you want
· Get what you want by effectively managing your internal mindset and influencing others to happily work with you to achieve your dreams
· Gain that vital edge that makes you a far more effective and powerful communicator
· Think better, think more clearly and make better decisions
Imagine being able to learn and understand more quickly... motivate yourself and others, even when you don't feel like it... discover richer and more meaningful relationships... have peace of mind even under stress... enjoy abundant self-confidence in any situation... and more.
For further information please contact:
Luis A. Ampuero - NLP Success Coach