Did you know that your health, wealth, and happiness as well as your focus, productivity and prosperity can all be improved by using a few simple Feng Shui principles? The basic concept of Feng Shui is to bring fresh energy into your home and workplace environment, while eliminating clutter and stagnant energy. The result? You'll enjoy a more-balanced and less chaotic life where you are enabled, in-control and encouraged. It's all about shifting energy in your physical environment to make your life more calm and peaceful.
In Feng Shui, one size most definitely does not fit all. Every person is an individual. Every home is different. And every business is its own energetic environment or culture. What works in one office or home will not necessarily work in another. Feng Shui principles are personal – and they should be customized for each person, home, or business to be completely effective.
However, there are some basic Feng Shui principles that apply to everyone, in all circumstances and environments. You can begin the energy-shifting process toward a better life – and a better "you" – or to more productivity and prosperity in the workplace by using any or all of these simple steps... 16 Basics That Apply to Everyone 1. Prune all the shrubs around the front of your home to allow new energy to enter – it will make you safer, and it will allow for new growth and new business energy to enter.
2. Plant bright flowers leading up to and around your front door, or hang a wreath with bright flowers on it – this says "Welcome, come on in," to new energy. And it'll make you smile every time you open your door uplifting your spirits.
3. Upon entering the front door, if you can see directly through your home because there's a window or sliding glass door opposite the entry, place a circular rug on the floor, or hang a crystal from the entry ceiling. This will ensure that your new positive prosperity energy moves gently throughout your house, instead of zooming right through.
4. Remove all clutter in closets, cupboards, and on counters, to get rid of stagnant energy. It will feel – literally! – like a breath of fresh air. And, perhaps for the first time in a while, you'll feel "in control."
5. Remember to remove clutter in attics, garages, and basements, as well. Organize what's left into baskets and bins; you'll eliminate procrastination from your life.
6. Always keep a bowl of fresh (or realistic faux fruit) on your kitchen counter or dining room table to energize abundance – it will nourish your body and be a feast for your eyes.
7. Keep kitchen counters clear of magazines, knives, and appliances, unless you use them daily. It doesn't matter whether you cook every night or bring it in – your kitchen is the heart of your home, and it needs positive energy to help nourish the body.
8. Paint all bedroom walls one color in using soft pastels – it's more conducive to a restful sleep and calms the soul.
9. Don't store anything under your bed. You need energy to circulate around you when resting; you'll find that you sleep much better.
10. Place your bed as far as possible from the door. And make sure your feet do not point out the door – you'll feel safer.
11. To create calm in your family room, paint it a light-to-medium earth-tone color; conversations and activities will be more peaceful.
12. For offices and workout rooms requiring more energy, paint walls white and use touchier lamps to send light up to the ceiling. You'll become more productive.
13. Place pictures of family, friends, and good business associates in the southwest corner of your family room or office – it will help you improve your relationships.
14. Use bright colors in home-accent pieces like pillows, lap robes and art – they will enhance the joy you feel when viewing them.
15. Choose to listen to uplifting music, and limit TV viewing. This will nurture your soul and reduce anxiety.
16. Create a sanctuary area in your home, using colors, shapes, and sounds that nurture you...and you'll find peace. When you use these basic Feng Shui principles to shift energy in your personal or workplace environment, you'll introduce positive energy changes into your life. And this energy will help you focus on becoming more productive; improving your health, increasing your prosperity, enhancing your relationships...and becoming the joy-filled person you were meant to be. © Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2010