What should you do when nothing seems to be going your way? How can you get past those endless times of nagging doubt that just keep lingering in the back of your mind? Where do you turn when you run into a "brick wall?" These are all questions I've faced and get asked often when speaking to groups or consulting with clients.
Just what do you do? Do you need to turn around and go back? Do you try something new? Do you begin again? Do you pray about it? Do you want to give up? Do you look outside to others for help? Do you look inside for wisdom, inspiration and divine guidance? These are just some of the thoughts and feelings involved when you hit a proverbial "brick wall" or find yourself "between a rock and a hard place."
When your life, your career, your marriage, your relationships or income seems to be on hold yet you are moving forward at warp speed, life can become very stressful – and anxiety can set in. This is not one of those times when you need to become passive or give up. This is one of those times in your life when you need to take a hard look at just what is causing you to be "stuck" and what you need to remove from your pathway so you can move forward.
Begin by Evaluating
When faced with a situation where nothing seems to be going your way, you have to step back, become emotionally detached and evaluate what's going on in your life so you can see those things that are or are not happening that you think should or should not be happening. You need to fully understand that certain areas in your life are on hold, stuck or you've hit that "brick wall" without even realizing that is what you are facing and maybe, have been facing for quite some time.
In Feng Shui this is what is called blocked energy. Something is standing in your way of achieving or receiving those things you are striving to accomplish or receive. That something could be physical such as clutter in your surroundings or mental such as your thought process or the way you are mentally relating to what is stuck. Perhaps you have wanted to change your career path for the last two years but just nothing seems to be coming your way. Or, maybe you've wanted to increase your cash flow or have better personal relationships and no matter what you try, nothing changes or improves.
Realizing you are stuck, or have just hit a brick wall is the first step in changing the blocked energy you are facing. Once you've determined what is stuck it is easier to take action so you can move forward again. The following steps will help you clear out much of that blocked or stuck energy so you can experience far less stress and move forward again.
5 Steps for Clearing Blocked Energy
- 1. Take a look at your surroundings – are there areas filled with clutter? If you are blocked in the area of income, your job, a career path or spiritual issues, check the southeast, northeast and north areas of your workspace, office or home. If they are cluttered, be merciless and get rid of the clutter. Don't just move it – file it, put it away or get rid of it.
- 2. Once you've removed the clutter, energize those areas as follows: use a small wooden container to serve as your money pot placing it in the southeast income area filled with 7 one-dollar coins; in the northeast helpful people area place a "success" verse picture framed in silver and in the north career area place a small waterfall, aquarium or picture of moving water. If you are stuck on a spiritual level place something there that is purple.
- 3. If you are blocked in your relationships, your marriage, selling your house or an overall feeling of deteriorating abundance and well-being, unclutter the southwest and east areas of your home plus the outside of your front door and entrance.
- 4. Energize the southwest relationships area with a bouquet of flowers in varying sizes, shapes and colors or use a collection such as a family of elephants; energize the east with live upward reaching plants or pictures of healthy trees and energize the outside area of your front door and entrance with brightly colored plantings – this brings lots of new energy into you home and your life to help shift that which is stuck.
- 5. One additional area to check for clutter is the south in your workspace or home. Unclutter it and energize good luck and good fortune with something red, a candle or something that symbolizes fire.
Whether you are dealing with blocked energy or you just feel like you've hit a brick wall doesn't matter. You will feel the same discouragement, disappointment and defeat. Recognizing that you have an issue to deal with is the fist step in fixing the "stuck" feeling.
The next step is to unclutter and then energize the appropriate areas of your home or workplace. The revitalized energy where the clutter previously resided and the energy symbols will shift the stagnant old energy out. It also replaces the old with new growth energy that is focused to help you reduce stress in your world and also help you make things go your way more often.