You need a surrogate and made the decision to go at your search for the perfect woman alone in order to save money. Research, of course, is a must but you will soon find that all this new information can be overwhelming. I am going to post a short list of 10 don't's when planning a surrogacy arrangement whether it be traditional or gestational. Each don't has a longer explanation. If you would like more information please contact me at LaMothe Surrogacy Consulting and we can go over this list together. Our first 40 minute call is FREE!
1) Don't work with a woman under the age of 21
2) Don't work with a woman who has never given birth to a child of her own
3) Don't use a contract downloaded from the Internet with no legal guidance
4) Don't use the sperm from an ex boyfriend
5) Don't work with a Surrogate who lives in a state that makes "commercial surrogacy contracts" are unenforceable
6) Don't do in home sperm insemination's
7) Don't have the compensation payments to your surrogate come directly from you-use an escrow agent
8) Don't forget to pay all the bills regarding the surrogacy in a timely manner
9) Don't have your surrogate stay with you for over a week if at all possible
10) Don't forget the Psychological Evaluation
Of course there is much more to a surrogacy arrangement then these 10 situations. It's in your best interest to learn all you can before moving forward!